Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 18, 2010

"My little brother paid a buck to see your underwear."


"Do I stutter?"
"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?"
"Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy."
"Face it. You're a neo maxi zoom dweebie, what would you be doing if you weren't out making yourself a better citizen?"
"That's right, I'm Abe Froman." "... the Sausage King of Chicago?"
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
"By night's end, I predict me and her will interface." 
"Oh God! ... The dog wet on the picnic basket."
"I know I'm old enough to be his mother, but when the Duck laid that kiss on me last night, I swear my thighs just went up in flames. He must practice on melons or something."
Wyatt: "Gary?... By the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?"'
Gary: "Ceremonial."


Are you feeling nostalgic for the 80's yet??
After his unfortunate passing in August 2009, I blogged about the late John Hughes and my slightly neurotic love for his cinematic legacy. His movies set a precedent. They were life-changers for some. They revealed teenage angst in a way no one had ever done before and no one has been able to replicate since. They played a huge role in my life and so many others in my generation. With the relatable topics, casts of lovable & despicable characters, a library full of unbelievably quotable scripts and just a pure watch-ability that had people hitting the rewind button for decades ... It is just pure 80's gold friends!!

I can't begin to express the excitement I am feeling at this moment. Last month marked the 25th anniversary of The Breakfast Club - um, my favorite movie of all time!! -- and I just stumbled across this gem out in the blog-o-sphere that was released in the same month. 


Written by Susannah Gora, a former Associate Editor of Premiere magazine, the book is said to be full of behind-the-scenes context and tales from a handful of the most beloved Brat Pack films, present-day interviews with many of the actors, and a comprehensive profiling of John Hughes, the prolific director who brought so many of these generation-defining movies into our lives. Interviewees include a long list of actors including the fabulous Molly Ringwald, Matthew Broderick, Anthony Michael Hall, John Cusack, Jon Cryer & Mary Stuart Masterson.

I. AM. SO. E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!
< insert obnoxious, high-pitched, SQUEAL here >

I will be needing to own this book. ASAP.

OH HOW I LOVE THIS MOVIE.
"Dear Mr. Vernon, We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain ... and an athlete ... and a basket case ... a princess ... and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."

1 comment:

Roller shoes said...

it is a good share,wonderful post,thank you

R&R