Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 29, 2010

Brunch, Books & Birthday Cake!!

I had a packed Sunday, but I loved it.


Brunch @ West Egg Cafe. They moved to a new location on Howell Mill that is delightful. Full of light, simple decor and an easy atmosphere to enjoy your meal in. It was packed on a Sunday morning ... be prepared to wait, but is totally worth it. The graphics nerd in me LOVED the menu layout. The menu options were such a fun twist on typical breakfast & brunch fare. I got the Peachtree Plate and it was scrumptious! I never thought I would enjoy pimento cheese grits ... but oh baby was easily converted. YUM! I was too full to get one but I hear the cupcakes are wonderful. They have a Coca-Cola flavored cupcake - I'm just sayin'.


Chelsea Handler book signing at Outwrite. Katy and I pre-ordered her latest book, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, from there on a whim. As it would happen that got us the number 5 & 6 positions in line for the book signing. Thank goodness because the line was wrapped around the building. She had two sold-out shows at the FOX later the same day so the whole experienced was a little rushed. I did get my book signed and that was my main goal. Be warned - the book is true Chelsea style. It is packed with raunchy, racy, no-limits tales about everything from her wild childhood to her interesting family life.



Compulsory combo birthday celebration with the mother-in-law. Our birthdays are just a few days apart and to save everyone the trouble of squeezing in back-to-back celebrations we combine ours. This year my sweet mom made us each a cake to enjoy. Mine was a tasty chocolate cake with vanilla icing and super fancy decorations. Carol's was a white cake, raspberry filling and cream cheese icing. Slices of heaven for everyone!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Fun times! I'm glad we got to hang out! More fun this weekend, hopefully...

R&R