Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan



Kelly Corrigan's OFFICIAL SITE


This was one of the many books I read during my two week recovery. I have had it laying around for month's and somehow it kept getting bumped to the bottom of my pile. I am so glad I picked it up and read it. It is such a sweet, wonderful story of one woman. It reminded me that even as I move through life's many phases, there are times when the overlap between "roles" is difficult and our duties & expectations are sometimes tough decipher. It is a great book and should be added to your reading list.


At the back of the book (paperback versions) there is a beautiful essay by Kelly entitled "Transcending: Words on Women and Strength". It is really powerful. I found this video of Kelly reading it to a group of ladies ...





Here is the B&N description and LINK to the author interview:
The title of Kelly Corrigan's frank, funny, moving new memoir, The Middle Place, refers to being caught between childhood and adulthood, between still needing that sense of support from your parents while taking responsibility for children of your own. It's about family and adversity and Corrigan's beloved, larger-than-life father, George. And it's about cancer—both the author's and her father's. In her discussion with our Borders Book Club, Corrigan shows all the wit and warmth that enliven this chronicle of surviving and living to laugh another day.

No comments:

R&R