Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 25, 2008

I D.A.I.R. You!!



Since the first time I saw Cirque de Soleil I wondered what it would be like to do one of those the amazing aerial fabric routines. I recently came across this place in Atlanta called the D.A.I.R. Project. They teach all different styles of dance and aerial arts. The basic mission of D.A.I.R. is to challenge the community to maximize the strength of its own human resources via new, barrier breaking, intercultural and multi-generational mentoring programs in which members empower each other to create, develop, explore, and exhibit a variety of Cultural, Movement and Performing Arts including Aerial Dance, Circus Arts, and Theatrics.

Long story short. I received a newsletter explaining the new super-beginner course they would be offering. The more I read, the more intrigued I became. So ... even though I was a little nervous, I decided to give it a whirl. I dropped in to the studio last night for the FUNdamentals class to see what is was all about. It was really fun. Very different from what I imagined and MUCH MUCH more difficult. My fingers and shoulder are sore and exhausted ... but I will probably go back and give it another shot soon.

So for a mere $20 I can say I tried something new and check this off my to-do list! I would recommend it to anyone. This may not be your thing, but I D.A.I.R. you to try something that you've been putting off for too long. Life is so short. When opportunities come along, you have to make the most of them. You never know if you will have a second chance.

**********************************

The D.A.I.R. Project
575 Boulevard SE
Atlanta, GA 30312
404-622-DAIR (3247)
info@thedairproject.org

No comments:

R&R