Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 4, 2008

BYOB

BYOB has taken on a whole new meaning in my life. BRING YOUR OWN BAG!!!

I now carry cloth bags with me to the grocery store almost every trip. If I know I am doing errands, I try to snag a bag and collect all the items in one cloth bag instead of several plastic ones. I have also drastically reduced the number of plastic bags I accumulate, when I do forget to bring my cloth ones along, by simply asking the person checking me out to kindly stuff the bags as full as possible. Most people have looked at me crazy and scoffed at my request, but still complied. I can tell a major difference at my house. No more bags piling up in the laundry room or under the sink. So freeing. I now keep one or two bags in the car, so for those last minute trips, I really don't have an excuse.

I know many people are making their own strides to live a more envitonmentally concious lifestyle ... the bags are a particular pet peeve of mine. Take a look at this for some factual data to back up the reasons why you should consider the BYOB lifestyle. It is astounding. I can't comprehend why we would do this to our world when there is such a simple alternative.

Click here for more information on how TERRIBLE plastic bags are.

1 comment:

ahibs said...

i love this. i'm a big anti-plastic bag person myself, so i'm really glad to see that a ton of stores are now carrying their own varieties of cloth bags. i just got one the other day from target that folds up to wallet size!

R&R