Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

baby fever

Let's be clear - I'm not saying I have it, I'm just saying - it is spreading like wildfire! Most of my friends and associates are at that age where babies are either already a reality, very close to entering the world or on the "To-Do ASAP" list of their life. I'm not quite there yet, but is certainly all around me.
Fun story : I recently discovered that and acquaintance of mine has this fever so badly that it makes her do astonishing things. For example, while attending an amazing clearance sale at a high end department store she could not stop herself from purchasing the perfect onsies, socks, hats, pants, blankets and the like for the child she hopes to have some day. When asked by her husband (that I would like to point out discovered the items tucked away in a secret drawer!!) to explain that which could only be a psychotic episode ... her only response was, "they were just too adorable and at 70% of retail (which she almost swayed me to her side with this argument, but no.) how could I NOT buy them honey? I mean, we will have kids someday. Right?"
The story was to shocking to be real. Anyone who knows me can appreciate that it would be a vast understatement to say I like to plan ahead. I would say I am an advocate for planned parenthood, but good grief! Like I said, there are things about kids that I am just not sure about yet. I am pretty sure my reservations boil down to selfish reasons and I am completely ok with that for now.
I leave you with this. Best of luck to each of you that already have children and those with a bun in the oven - even if I don't know you personally, I think you are very brave. Here is a photo of one of thw world's latest editions. Meet Sophia Ann. So tiny and full of possibilities. I wish her well in her journey through life and will be laughing all the way as she wraps her daddy around her little finger. Congrats Darren, we love you.

No comments:

R&R