Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 31, 2011

2011 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

On Saturday, we got up crazy early and made our way to downtown Atlanta and Centennial Olympic Park for the 2011 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event. Our family tries to do at least one cancer walk each year with my sweet granny, who at a spry 85 years old, is a two-time breast cancer survivor. She continues to amaze me with her strength and fortitude. I wish i had a fraction of the mental toughness she has to just continue powering through life with her head held high and a great big smile on her face.

I walk for my granny and for all those who have fought the senseless battle of breast cancer. I salute every single survivor ... you are tougher than I will ever be. A special thanks to everyone who participated in this event and others like it. It makes my granny truly joyful to see you supporting others and loving strangers in a common goal. Thank you for giving joy to a beautiful woman who has spent her life giving so much to others. Keep fighting the good fight.

{a massive crowd of participants at the park ... really early ... really chilly ... really perfect!!}

{we had to get a picture with the olympic ring fountain in the background}

{even with 2 bum knees, my granny walked the entire course ... WAY TO GO!!}

{my beautiful cousins - i feel like we all look like sisters here, weird??}

{did i mention it was pretty darn chilly?}

{the radio flyer wagon got a WORKOUT. so did everyone who took turns pulling it.}

No comments:

R&R