Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Falling into Fall

September 1. I absolutely love this time of year. The world around us starts to change. The mundane transforms into the wildly colorful. The world just seems to slow down a notch or two. I can just feel that the end is drawing near. As my eyes are transfixed on the calendar, I literally cannot believe it. Knowing that we are on the downhill slide of another year ending leaves me feeling ... expectant. There are so many things I wanted to have done by now. Don't get me wrong, the list of completed home improvements, fun projects, handmade gifts, vacations, fun weekends, spontaneous outings, delicious meals, etc. is LONG and varied. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day, days in the week or weeks in the year to get it ALL done. Blogging, unfortunately, seems to be one of my "to-do"items that far to easily gets pushed to the bottom of the stack every time the priorities in life start to pile up. Sorry little blog. I am sure by now you have serious abandonment issues. My bad.

My little slice of the internet pie is the epitome of all the things in my life that "I'll do tomorrow". Then, just when I are sure that today will be the day that I catch up on everything ... I don't. Before you know it, months have passed, the blog remains post-less and I feel that much more behind. I hate that feeling. The one that feels like no matter how fast you run or how much you do, you still fall just a few inches shy of the goal.

I like keeping this little electronic record of mine. Even if no one else gets anything out of it. Here's to the road ahead. I hope it winds its way to more good times, a heaping helping of fantastic memories and an end to another year that I can look back on with no regrets. Welcome September. I can't wait to see how the 2010 ends.

No comments:

R&R