Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Always Looking Up


I love to read. My author choices are as vast and varied as the subject matter I enjoy. As a rule I do not tend towards biographical works. However, something about this new Michael J. Fox book has snagged my attention. In the past 4 days alone I have seen over a dozen random references to its release. I caught a quick video clip form his Oprah interview and he is

Also, because I am not an optimist, the title alone peeks even more of my curiosity ... "Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist."

SYNOPSIS :: There are many words to describe Michael J. Fox: Actor. Husband. Father. Activist. But readers of Always Looking Up will soon add another to the list: Optimist. Michael writes about the hard-won perspective that helped him see challenges as opportunities. Instead of building walls around himself, he developed a personal policy of engagement and discovery: an emotional, psychological, intellectual, and spiritual outlook that has served him throughout his struggle with Parkinson’s disease. Michael’s exit from a very demanding, very public arena offered him the time–and the inspiration–to open up new doors leading to unexpected places. One door even led him to the center of his own family, the greatest destination of all.

CLICK HERE for more information & CLICK HERE for a Barnes & Noble coupon.

R&R