Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Taking home the bling


I am so impressed with the movies and television shows that were honored at this year's Golden Globe Awards. As if I didn't already take in far too much electronic media, my list of "must see" movies and programs has grown tremendously after tonight's telecast. I may have to invest in Netflix after all since I don't plan on adding HBO or Showtime to my already premium cable package. I am also glad to see that so many of the nominated films are based on novels. I hope that the film adaptations do the original work justice.


Cheers to Kate Winslet who is amazing and so deserving of the TWO awards she won last night - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama (Revolutionary Road) and Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture (The Reader). Both of these films were already on my must see list!! Her second speech was so raw and sincere it almost made me cry. Almost.


My girl Tina Fey also got a nice nod for Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy (30 Rock). Her acceptance speech was my favorite: "... and if you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet...". Classic Fey, classic.

Some of the other films on my very long list:
Burn After Reading
Benjamin Button
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Doubt
Frost/Nixon
Gran Torino

Milk

Some TV shows that looks so good that it is probably best for my procratination problem that I do not have the ability to see them on my tube:
In Treatment
Mad Men
The Tudors
Weeds

No comments:

R&R